The largest undercover sheep selling complex in the Southern Hemisphere02 December 2014
Katanning Regional Saleyards – 44,000m2 Saleyard Complex
The Shire of Katanning called tenders for the supply, fabrication and delivery of structural steelwork for the Katanning Regional Saleyards. This includes the:
- Preparation of Engineering/Shop Drawings and co-ordination with other trades to gain approvals.
- Supply and delivery of holding down bolts and reo cages.
- Supply, fabrication, hot dip galvanising and delivery of structural steelwork in four construction stages over a three month period.
AUSPAN not only met the required milestones in the project, but offered suggestions in the engineering design that resulted in significant time and cost savings in the project.
The saleyard cover is built on a dual grade slope due to drainage requirements, which required meticulous attention to detail and co-ordination with other trades to ensure a smooth running build.
- Massive roof area with 44,000m2 covered
- 125t of structural steel
- Largest sheep selling complex in the Southern Hemisphere.
AUSPAN Project Manager Testimonial
A very rewarding project. 125t of structural steel supplied, fabricated, hot dip galvanised and delivered. Enjoyed the challenge and is great to have been included in such an iconic project for WA.
Ben Richardson, Project Manager
I’m glad AUSPAN could offer the package that helped the Shire of Katanning achieve their goal on time & on budget. A real feather in the cap!
Steve Richardson, Salesperson
Excellent result – totally professional from start to finish. Building the largest undercover sheep selling facility in the southern hemisphere required a steel fabricator of exemplary quality.